Scientists in the school

The first experiment that we did was we saw how baking soda, Epsom salts and flour reacted  differently when mixed with water. We mixed them with a popsicle stick.

We wrote on a black peace of paper W on the left B in the middle and E on the right. Took three que tips and dipped them in the different cups for example take a que tip dip it in the baking soda mix and draw a line under B . We set aside and let dry.

Next we put the cabbage powder in the water and mixed . Then we took two more cups in one there was 4 tiny scoops of vitamin c and 4 tiny scoops of baking soda add a tiny bowl of cabbage water and for the baking soda it fizzed up and then defrizzed. Then the 4 tiny scoops of  vitamin c and 4 tiny scoops of Epsom salts witch made it red.

Next was the mystery powder we had to find out what the mystery powder was so one we mixed a bit of it in water to see what would happen it fogged up like the flour did so we knew one of the ingredients was flour .  Then we mixed the mystery powder with some vitamin c and the remaining cabbage water . They exploded more then the first time . So we new that the other ingredient must be baking soda. So we new what the mystery powder must be – flour and baking soda.

My favorite part of this activity was  at the end I mixed all the ingredients together and bam I should have gotten it on video me and my brother watched is explaod . I hope you have learnd something if not or you would like to learn more about matter click here to learn more about matter.